Thursday, September 12, 2013

Prepping for Fall



I've had a good week. Finished a library book, done lots of shopping and started getting our house ready for fall! 


I finally finished a book! I love to read, but I've found it's been hard to finished reading anything. 
This book is also written by the same author of, "The Time Traveler's Wife," which I have not read myself but am familiar with it. "Her Fearful Symmetry," is about twin sisters who move to London in their aunt's estranged flat. They get close to many of their aunt's neighbors and uncover the truth about their mother's and aunt's relationship. I definitely wasn't expecting the ending, so I would recommend this book!
I was also introduced to Groop Dealz and Birch Box this week. Needless to say, I have two necklaces, 1 bracelet and a monthly subscription to Birch Box coming soon, lol! I also discovered Southern Sisters in Grayson, Ga where I bought my monogrammed 2014 Lilly Pultizer planner. So cute!



It's almost mid-month of September! So hard to believe! I went ahead and got my hubby to get our fall decor out of the attic so I could fall-ify our mantle. I wanted to show you how easy it is to decorate your mantle with things you may have around the house. It's just a matter of jazzing it up for each season. 





Here's a little numbered break-down...

1. A sterling silver pitcher we used at our wedding. I just filled it up with dollar store florals.
2. A used wine bottle, wrapped with string. It makes great decor all year and you have an excuse for a little wine. ; ) I filled the bottle with a little wheat straw that I used when I made this wreath in July. 
3. A glittery orange pumpkin I bought last season at Ross for a few bucks. 
4. A ceramic metallic orange pumpkin sitting on top of a brass candle stick I bought at an antique store for $3. 
5. A floral vase, the ones you collect after you get a floral arrangement, filled with acorns and a dollar store pumpkin to top it off. The acorns I collected outside Ross. I'm sure I looked crazy but there were plenty and FREE!
6. I bought this mirror at the beginning of the years at Hobby Lobby. It was on sale for $15 and has sat in my closet collecting dust all summer. I finally found a purpose for it. 
7. A wreath I made last fall for our front door. 
8. Another dollar store pumpkin. Hey, their decorations aren't that bad! : )
9. A couple thing in 9. Two candles, gold and orange, wrapped with string. In the back, another floral vase filled with potpourri. These all are sitting on top of an old cheese box my mother gave me. 
10. A huge decanter-like vase I bought for $5 and a smaller candy dish from Target for $4. 

Many of these items I leave out year-round. With a few colors and cheap decor, it's easy to dress up your mantle. 



Thanks for lookin'! 
 T







No comments:

Post a Comment