Wednesday, October 30, 2013

#tooearlyforChristmas




#tooearlyforChristmas


               That was my hashtag this morning. I've completely skipped Halloween and Thanksgiving and headed my sights on Christmas. Today at Walmart, I bought a Frasier candle and Peppermint Mocha creamer. Mmmm.....
Plus, I've already ordered Christmas cards and had our pics taken for them. They turned out so cute! We went to the Christmas tree farm. I'll show just one!
ANYWAYS, I pulled out all of these frames my mom collected for me. I've been very uninspired lately, as you can tell b/c I haven't posted in a while. After staring at the frames for a while, I just made a trip to Hobby Lobby. Here's what I have to work with....  

   and what I came home with.....
     Hobby Lobby's Christmas decor is already 50% off! I bought two pack of vase fillers (the sparkly foam balls), 1 package of cinnamon sticks, 1 package of candy canes, 1 pack of holly bunches and 1 yard of burlap fabric. I also bought a couple rolls of ribbons but that's for another project on another day. :)  The most expensive item was the burlap fabric. It wasn't on sale and was $5.99/yard, but I really liked it. 
First I cut out a piece of cardboard the same size as the frame and glued the burlap to it. I love this print!

  
I outline the Christmas tree in cinnamon sticks. Make sure you like the setting before you glue it! My baby kitties were very intrigued with the box I used. What is it with cats and boxes?!?

One by one, I hot glued the vase fillers inside the cinnamon and then glued the cardboard to the frame. 
 



                                 


Until the next craft,

T



No comments:

Post a Comment