Tuesday, September 3, 2013

It's Fall Y'all!


 I actually can't complain about this summer's weather. This was probably one of the most unusual Georgia summers- rain, rain and more rain.  But I am ready for fall, sweaters, boots and a front yard FULL of leaves. Here's a little re-cap from this summer... Found baby Samuel at the empty house next door. He's been growing like a weed! & into everything!! Braves game, rode Sky View with my mom and brothers, a trip to Alabama and hung out at the pool. Can't complain :)

To get in the fall mood, I made new front door wreath for our front door. It's similar to the July 4th one I made this summer. What I love about these rag wreaths, they're so pretty and intricate but so cheap to make!

 I went to Hobby Lobby and bought 4 different types of fabric, 1/4 yard each. Earlier this summer I invested in a fabric cutter, which saves so much time! I would suggest purchasing one if you haven't already. It's a small 6X6 and only about $20.

Check this link for the FULL tutorial on how to make, step-by-step!

My total cost of material was $10.76. That includes the 4 fabrics, circular wreath and 2 fall decor stems. Hobby Lobby has a great fall collection out now and it's all 40% off. 


Here's my helper. Samuel was very interested in what I was doing and kept running off with my decor stems. 

Ta-da! While I was making this, I started thinking about a friend at work, Dyanne. She's been such a good work friend and has such a big heart. Her auntie recently had a stroke on her 94th birthday and Dyanne and her mother had to make the hard decision to put her in an adult home. Dyanne reports her updates every week and her aunt is improving everyday. After I started putting it together, I thought Dyanne's aunt could enjoy it more for her door to her new room. 

Thanks for stopping by! I'm thinking about making more jewelry coming up so be watching!

T


No comments:

Post a Comment