Thursday, July 25, 2013

Once Upon a Time Thursday


 This week, I became an addict. After one episode of Once Upon a Time, I'm hooked. & with this hot weather, I'd rather be indoors anyway. I hate to say it but Rumpelstiltskin is my favorite character, and I'm about tired of Snow and Charming's drama!

I decided to spend my day cleaning, a usual habit before my work weekend, & trying to get wreath ideas for our front door since. It's about time for the Fourth of July wreath to come down anyways. Also, spending time making a wreath will give me an excuse to log on to Netflix for a little more Once. 
When I got home from Hobby Lobby, there was a package at my door! I am actually looking forward to getting to work this weekend....
Just had to show these bright red babies off! :)



So on to the most constructive thing I've done today. No lies, this is probably the best looking thing I've made. I think I surprised myself a little. I was a little conflicted by the type of wreath I wanted to make. It's getting to be fall soon, but making something with fall colors and pumpkins seems too early. I decided to go with flower-less stems. It looks a little more natural, plus 50% off at Hobby Lobby. :)


I bought a medium straw wreath, 4 feather bunches, 2 bundles of the wheat straw, 1 pack of dyed Eucalyptus and 1 package of thin black faux cat tails. 


I wanted to get that layering look so I began by inserting the cat tails around the outer part of the wreath.
Then I layered the Eucalyptus stems.


I added the burlap to the middle as a filler as well as wheat straw buds on the left side of the wreath. 


Comment for questions. After making, I realized it was too big for the front door so be aware. 

Tomi

                                                                                


No comments:

Post a Comment