Tuesday, June 25, 2013

DIY Old Window Photo

                     

So it has been a while since I've posted, but my creative gears have been turning. My husband and I celebrated no longer being newlyweds. This past year has gone by so fast but has been one of the best years!😊

There's an antique store a few minutes down the road from my house that has a TON of old windows piled outside. I have been observing them in passing, but I was unsure if I was crafty enough to transform it! One window was $10 or 3 for $25. I'm just not sure what to do if I bought 3 windows though.
Here's the chosen window with another one of my thrift store finds...

The total time to make & hang was only about 30 minutes!!! The most time consuming was hanging it straight!! Haha.  

Here are some of the items I used...
                    
        
A measuring tape
Plain clear tape
A stud finder
Hammer & nails
Picture "tooth" hanger. ( idk the official name.) 

I just cleaned the window with a little glass cleaner. I thought about re-painting it but I like the rustic look I has. I also made sure to choose one of the better looking windows at the store. 

I blew up one of our engagement pictures at the FedEx Office store for about $30. The size is 22 x 28 and it fit perfectly in the window. I thought about cutting it up and individually hanging each picture in each window, instead I just taped the entire photo on the back of the window. 


I also added the picture "teeth" on both sides of the window. I made sure to measure the teeth were far enough apart so that both nails would hit a stud in the wall. I know this window is heavy so I wanted it to be secure. 

Next, just hang it straight!! 


It's that easy!!
It is a nice big accent piece, something I've been looking for!

Please comment any questions. This definitely turned out to be much easier than originally thought! 

Tomi 

No comments:

Post a Comment