Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Let The Crafting Continue....

Welcome! It's my very first blog and it's open for business. 😊 Crafting is not new to me and I started very early in life. It's always a way to escape without boundaries. Beading & jewelry took over a few years of my life but recently I'm interested in wreath-making. As long as it doesn't involve cooking or sewing, I'm your girl! Maybe you can help me learn along the way.


I created this blog to get some of my ideas out there and taking in new ones along the way. My nana is in my earliest crafting memories. She had this wild assortment of beads, big and small. There were no boundaries with her and I would sit there and just rummage through the different types of beads, running my fingers through them. She's been gone for a long time, but I will always remember that and sometimes crave her beads collection she once owned. She is the "Hummingbird," that makes up half my title.

Now how Southern is "Dahlin?" I know some of you just said it out loud. ☺ It just rolls off the tongue so well. It never failed that whenever I called my grandma, her response was always, "hey Dahlin'!" Or you walk in the house for Sunday lunch after church and she'd be at the stove, one hand on her hip and the other stirring. She has also been gone for a long time but she brings out the southern, "Dahlin'" in me.


In closing, I am very exciting about the start of this blog. I hope you'll take away something in my life and include me in yours. Stay tuned for an up-incoming Red, White & Blue craft! 


Tomi 🎀

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I'll add it to my list to read. Hope you're doing well!!!
    CAroline

    ReplyDelete